Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bingka Durian Diva

I was craving for durian very badly so I bought 6 of them for RM50 at E-Mart Market. Most of the durian were overcooked so today I decided to make Bingka Durian for the first time in my life. After googling here and there, I decided to come out with my very own version of Bingka Durian for iftar (breaking fast). The result was AMAZING! All of my kids loves the bingka! I'm so proud of my version of Bingka Durian. Hope you enjoy baking it and devouring it! Yummy!


                                            Bingka Durian Diva


Flesh from one whole durian
8 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup coconut milk
1 3/4 cup flour
150 gm melted butter
2 tsp yellow coloring


1. Blend durian flesh, eggs and sugar together until smooth and silkiy.
2. Pour into a mixing bowl. Then add in coconut milk, water, flour and melted butter. Whisk until it's mixed well.
3. Add in coloring and mix it again until the color blend in with the mixture.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 1 hour or so.
5. Wait until it's cool before cutting it into pieces.
6. Yummy!

No comments: