Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Good Laugh

I was so bored to death because all of my children are sleeping. I tried to finish off my novel but not in the mood of reading. Makes my eyes so sleepy because have to turn off the lights, the kids are sleeping. So, I went to  avery good translation website, a Malaysian base, where you can translate Bahasa Melayu-English, English to Bahasa Melayu, Chinese and Indonesian Language. The website is www.citcat.com.


What did I do at the website? I tried to translate Bahasa Melayu proverbs to English. Some are well translated, true to the meaning but some are translated directly word by word. Here are some of the translations that makes me laugh till I cough badly (this is purely for the purpose of fun and entertaining only, not for studying or serious purpose):



Alang-alang menyeluk pekasam, biar sampai ke pangkal lengan - 
Alang-alang groping pickle, let reach to upper


Bagai kacang melupakan kulit -Like bean forget skin


Bagai bunyi cempedak jatuh -Like jackfruit sound fall


You can try it on your own, just for laughs!

No comments: