Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cucur Bubok Diva

It's bubok season now in Miri. What is bubok? It's a very small shrimp to make belacan or shrimp paste. My late mum always makes her own belacan but I don't do that. I don't even bother because I am allergic to belacan. I will get very itchy after eating it but still I can't resist myself from making cucur bubok or bubok fritters although after eating it, I'll start scratching here and there. Luckily, the allergic reaction is not bad and severe.

The ready to be eaten cucur

The frying process

The batter


                             Cucur Bubok Diva


200gm bubok
1 big onion, diced
3 large chillies, diced
A dash of salt, pepper and Ajinonomoto
3 cups of flour
4 tbsps corn flour
Water, just enough to make the batter (add in bit by bit)


1. Prepare everything in a bowl. Heat the oil in a wok. Fry batch by batch til finish but never fry so many pieces at a time or you'll risk of getting soggy fritters, not crispy ones.
2. Serve hot with chili sauce at the side with hot tea or coffee.

No comments: