Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kek Belang Rimau Diva

It's been quite a while since the last time I baked a cake. My kids loves to eat cake so I decided to make a layer cake, taken from a recipe that I always bake for Hari Raya every year. I made a little twist to the original recipe because actually it requires Horlick but I don't have any stock at home. Instead, I blended Nestum into powder. Still, the taste of the cake is still great and yummy and the most important thing is, my kids loves it. It doesn't look very nice because I was quite lazy to layer it properly. Hahahhaa..




                     Kek Belang Rimau Diva


2 sticks of 250gm butter (because of the expensive price of Golden Churn, I'm using West Butter)
1 1/2 cups castor sugar
2 cups flour
2 cups Milo
2 cups blended Nestum ( the original recipe uses Horlicks)
2 tsps chocolate flavor
2 tsps orange color
10 eggs
2 tbsps condensed milk


1. Beat butter and sugar till white and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one by one. Beat again till well mixed.
3. Add in condensed milk. Stir well then add in flour, bit by bit while mixing it well to the batter.
4. Divide equally into 2 different bowls. One bowl, add in Milo and chocolate flavor to the batter and the other bowl, add in Nestum and orange color.
5. Preheat oven with upper heat, 180 degrees celsius for about 10 minutes.
6. Lined a 8x8 in tray with grease paper and put 5 tablesppons of Milo batter and cook for about 3-5 minutes till done. Press it with a cake presser to even the layer and add in 5 tablesppons of Nestum batter and bake for 3-5 minutes till done. Repeat process til finish.
7. When the last layer is cooked, turn the heat to upper and lower. Let it cook for about 20-30 minutes or until it's cook properly. You can see that the edges of the cake is separated from the cake tray.
8. Let it cool, then cut it to desired size. Serve hot with coffee or tea. Enjoy.

No comments: