Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Siew Mai

My late mom is a Chinese. She always makes Siew Mai for us but I never got the chance to learn from her. I've bought 1 packet of wantan skin last week from Pasar Malam. I googled for Siew Mai recipe but didn't find anything that's suitable with my taste. In the end, I made this recipe myself and it turned great!

Siew Mai

10 pieces of wantan skin
100gm chicken breast, diced
1/2 onion, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of Sesame oil
1/2 tablespoon of Curry powder
Corn flour
Water

Mix chicken, onion, sesame oil, curry powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Get 1 piece of wantan skin and put 1/2 tablespoon of chicken mixture in the middle of the skin. Glue together all four angles of the skin in the center using corn flour mixed with water. Make all 10 skins and steam til cook.

No comments: