Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Kari Ikan Merah Diva

Hahahha.. After reading the title of my post, I found that it's funny cause it sounds like it my head's curry. Never mind about the title, lets go to the recipe. My hubby bought 3 red snappers from his staff and all iof the fishes are about 3/4 of my arms size. Imagine! Usually, when we bought fishes from the fishmonger at the market, they will do the fish for us, like taking off the gills, tummy and cutting it into parts. But these red snappers were bought at the office so, I have to do the cutting and cleaning myself and what made me sick to the stomach was when I imagined that I accidentally chopped my fingers! Hahahaha....
Through out the cleaning and cutting process, I never stop reciting the Selawat for fearing something bad happen to my fingers. Alhamdulillah, nothing happened and the result of the curry was marvelous! Even baby Darwish (9 months old) loves to eat it! So, enjoy cooking and eating or admiring the photos. :)
The big red snapper occupying the whole sink!

Ouchyyyyy!!!

Manage to halve the head!

My beloved redeemed 4U Tefal from Parkson

The tools used to 'do' the fish

Chopped fish

On the way to be cooked

Ready to be send to the heaven of tummy.. hehehehhe

                         Kari Kepala Ikan Diva


1 whole fish - any fish but I use red snapper
1 onion, 5 cm ginger, 3 cloves of garlic and 3 small chilies (blend together)
1 tsp of methi seed and mustard seed 
1 packet (RM1) of kari kepala ikan India or just normal fish curry powder - around 50gm
1 packet of packet coconut powder - mix with 1 cup of water
2 cups of water
1 tomato - cut into pieces
Ladies fingers - any amount will do, then cut into 2
3 tbsp of tomato sauce
Salt and sugar to taste OR Maggi Cukup Rasa


1. Clean the fish and cut into pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pot and saute the blended onion, ginger, garlic and chilies til fragrant.
3. Add in curry powder and stir well. Then add in coconut milk and stir again.
3. When it's boiled, add in water and tomato sauce.
4. Wait til it's boiled, then add fish, tomato and ladies fingers.
5. Season well and cover the pot for a while til it's cooked but remember don't overcook or your fish will end up too soft and coming out from the bones.
6. Serve hot with warm rice.

No comments: