Through out the cleaning and cutting process, I never stop reciting the Selawat for fearing something bad happen to my fingers. Alhamdulillah, nothing happened and the result of the curry was marvelous! Even baby Darwish (9 months old) loves to eat it! So, enjoy cooking and eating or admiring the photos. :)
|The big red snapper occupying the whole sink!|
|Manage to halve the head!|
|My beloved redeemed 4U Tefal from Parkson|
|The tools used to 'do' the fish|
|On the way to be cooked|
|Ready to be send to the heaven of tummy.. hehehehhe|
Kari Kepala Ikan Diva
1 whole fish - any fish but I use red snapper
1 onion, 5 cm ginger, 3 cloves of garlic and 3 small chilies (blend together)
1 tsp of methi seed and mustard seed
1 packet (RM1) of kari kepala ikan India or just normal fish curry powder - around 50gm
1 packet of packet coconut powder - mix with 1 cup of water
2 cups of water
1 tomato - cut into pieces
Ladies fingers - any amount will do, then cut into 2
3 tbsp of tomato sauce
Salt and sugar to taste OR Maggi Cukup Rasa
1. Clean the fish and cut into pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pot and saute the blended onion, ginger, garlic and chilies til fragrant.
3. Add in curry powder and stir well. Then add in coconut milk and stir again.
3. When it's boiled, add in water and tomato sauce.
4. Wait til it's boiled, then add fish, tomato and ladies fingers.
5. Season well and cover the pot for a while til it's cooked but remember don't overcook or your fish will end up too soft and coming out from the bones.
6. Serve hot with warm rice.