Saturday, November 13, 2010

Easy Ouf of the box Chocolate Cupcakes

Add caption
I felt so tired today after cleaning the children's toys. They have around 6 big boxes of toys and I have to sort them out accordingly. Luckily, hubby was working today so I don't have to cook anything fancy for lunch and dinner. For dinner, I only made bone soup using my precious Empress pressure cooker that makes life easier. Wow, sound just like an ad from the TV. Hahahahha..




Enough taking about that and let's get back to the topic. So, my children were constantly looking for food and they had finished their Lonbisco Cake packets, and that made me felt so guilty for letting them eating not-so-nutritious-and-too-sweet cake, so I quickly defrost butter and and made Classic Chocolate Cupcakes from Green's Baking range. You can go to www.greensbaking.com.au to learn more about it. It includes frosting mix for the cake. This is my first time using this product and it turns out GREAT and it doesn't have the weird-out-of-a-box taste. I've tried so many different products of cakes mix, from local brands and imported ones. This Green's is the best by far and the price is not as pricey as Nona's brand. I've bought it from Ta Kiong and I'm not sure where else you can get it from. The recipe requires you to mix all the butter, eggs, milk and the cake mix together at once but I prefer to mix the butter first, then the eggs, then the milk and lastly the cake mix to produce lighter and fluffier cake. It's actually a whole piece of cake but I've made it into cupcakes and I've omitted the margarine with butter (margarine is what the cake mix need but I prefer butter) because butter is a healthier choice and it's nicer. Try it, and you'll love it! I bake it inside the microwave and it only took around 18 minutes to cook using auto menu cookies (I'm using National Microwave). The results: the whole family loves it and even my fussy-not-so-crazy about-cakes hubby loves the cupcake! Nice to be eaten with a warm cup of tea.

Eating the frosting out from the mixing bowl

No comments: