Saturday, November 13, 2010

Teh Tarik

I don't know what teh tarik is called in English so I googled for the definition of teh tarik from Wikipedia:

Teh tarik (literally "pulled tea" or 拉茶 in Mandarin) is a hot tea beverage which can be commonly found in restaurants, outdoor stalls and kopi tiams in MalaysiaSingaporeand Brunei. Its name is derived from the pouring process of "pulling" the drink during preparation. It is made from black tea and condensed milk.


I love drinking teh tarik but I rather make it my own so that I can cntrol the sweetness of the tea. Here's my recipe of the tarik.






                                                     Teh Tarik Diva


Ingredients: 1 full ladle - medium size (1 senduk penuh) black tea cap 888
                   2 full ladle of condensed milk
                   1/2 full ladle of evaporated milk
                   1 litre of hot boiling water
                   Brown Sugar (optional)


1. Mix tea with hot water. Strain the tea powder out after stirring and letting it sits for about a minute.
2. Mix in milks and add sugar if you want it to be sweeter.
3. Pour inside a mug with a long pull to create bubble foam.
4. Enjoy it hot or cold with ices.

No comments: