Monday, November 15, 2010
Spaghetti with cream sauce and mussels
My hubby bought Tally's Green Shell Mussels few days ago at Boulevard Hypermarket and I was bored with the same recipe that I always do with the mussels (maybe in future entry I'll post that recipe). I happen to have a packet of San Remo Spaghetti left in the kitchen, so I decided to make Spaghetti with cream sauce and mussels. Danish, my second child, who is not crazy about eating, had 3 bowls of the pasta! Talking about how yummy it tastes and the great thing about is it's nutritious for a growing child! It's simple and easy, and who says cooking is hard! Can also be serve to your partner / spouse for a romantic quickie lunch or dinner.
Diva Spaghetti with Cream Sauce and Mussels
A packet of spaghetti (linguine can also be use)
2 cups of water
1 cup of milk
1 small can (170gm) Nestle cream
2 cubes of Maggi chicken stock
1 can of button mushrooms - slice into pieces
4 cloves of garlic - diced
3 tbsp flour - mix with 5 tbsp water in a small bowl
1 box of green shell mussel
1. Cook pasta according to the instruction on the packet. Strain.
2. Boil water in a big pot and add in mussels for 5 minutes until nearly cook. Take off the shells and strain the mussels from water. Put aside.
3. Sautee garlic in a pot until brown and fragrant. Add water and milk. Bring to boil.
4. Add in cream, mushrooms and chicken cube. Stir and let it boil.
5. Add in flour mix to thicken the sauce a little bit. If you want it to be a very thick sauce, add more flour mix. Stir well.
6. When it's thicken, add in the mussels and pepper. Season it well.
7. Scoop enough amount of spaghetti/pasta on a plate and pour enough sauce on it, not forgetting the mussels and mushrooms.
8. Enjoy while it's hot.