Crispy Popia Seaweed
Kulit popia/ spring roll
1 egg - beaten
Yaki Tori (seaweed, any brand that you want)
Perencah nasi goreng cina Seri Aji
Oil for frying
2. Line up the sea weed or Yaki Nori, depending how you want it to be. In my case, I just pur the whole seaweed on top of the kulit popia. Then, brush it with egg.
3. Cover it with another piece of kulit popia.
4. Cut it in any shape you want.
5. Fry it in batches, depending on how big is your wok. Don't over crowd the wok or your popia won't get crispy! And this is also a reason why the popia becomes too oily. Patience is very much needed here. Drain the oil on the popia using a high quality kitchen paper/tissue or a wire rack.
|Crispy popia seaweed|
Tips to avoid oily popia seaweed:
1. Always make sure the oil are hot enough or if you have a kitchen thermometer, it must reach 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Every time you finished taking out the batches of popia, you have to wait for a while before putting in the next batch because the temperature of the oil had lower down after each frying.
3. The best thing to use to drain the oil is wire rack. If not, you can also use high quality kitchen paper/tissue.
Any inquiries, leave a comment or e-mail me.