Anyway, that doesn't bother me with my plan of making this crispy popia with beef and potato filling. So, enjoy making it as well as enjoy eating it.
Diva Crispy Popia with Beef and Potato Filling
A packet of spring roll pastry (kulit popia) - depends on how much you want to make
3 potatoes - diced small and boil til it's tender then drain
4 tbsp of minced beef
Salt and sugar to taste
2 tbsp of curry powder
2 tbsp of dried shrimp (udang kering) - blend coarsely
1 onion - diced
Water to glue the pastry
1. Heat oil in a big wok for frying the spring rolls.
2. In a different pan, saute onions with blended dried shrimp til brown then add minced beef and potatoes.
3. When the beef are cooked, add in curry powder and season with salt and sugar to taste.
5. Take a piece of spring roll pastry and a spoonful of the filling and assemble the spring roll. Continue to do this til the filling are finish.
|Rolling in process|
7. Enjoy it while it's hot and crispy.