Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Crispy Popia with Beef and Potato Filling

I made this a while ago as per requested by my kids. so, after fetching Dayana from school, I brought my hubby to Ng Sian Hap to buy the spring roll pastry, spring form pan (thanks so much hubby for taking note from my last entry), and others. I was uncomfortable with the dirty and wet floor where they put the fridge box and I also notice that there are some price increment of certain items. I always use Figo brand for the spring roll pastry because to me it is the best and it seldom tear even though when it's harden.
Anyway, that doesn't bother me with my plan of making this crispy popia with beef and potato filling. So, enjoy making it as well as enjoy eating it.


The output

                   Diva Crispy Popia with Beef and Potato Filling


A packet of spring roll pastry (kulit popia) - depends on how much you want to make
3 potatoes - diced small and boil til it's tender then drain
4 tbsp of minced beef
Salt and sugar to taste
2 tbsp of curry powder
2 tbsp of dried shrimp (udang kering) - blend coarsely
1 onion - diced
Water to glue the pastry


1. Heat oil in a big wok for frying the spring rolls.
2. In a different pan, saute onions with blended dried shrimp til brown then add minced beef and potatoes. 
3. When the beef are cooked, add in curry powder and season with salt and sugar to taste.
The filling
4. Turn off the heat and put aside.
5. Take a piece of spring roll pastry and a spoonful of the filling and assemble the spring roll. Continue to do this til the filling are finish.
Rolling in process
6. Fry the spring rolls, batch by batch. 
7. Enjoy it while it's hot and crispy.


No comments: