Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Crispy Chicken Wing with sauce

My children really loves to eat fried chicken, especially the chicken wing part. I wouldn't allow them to always eat KFC's chicken so I will fry for them, chicken made from home. I've tried numerous recipes to achieve the crispiness but not the floury thing like KFC. I even tried numerous brand of Tepung KFC for frying chicken but it turn out to be too salty. So, today, I tried to fry the chicken using Tapioca Flour and it is great!!! My fussy hubby also loves the chicken (he is the first person whom I met with a really high standard of food and his critics can be such a pain in the ass, ouchy!). So here goes the recipe and I've include the recipe of the sauce too.



                        Diva Fried Chicken Wing


Ingredients:
15 pcs of chicken wings (break to 2 parts)
5 tablespoons of tapioca flour (can add more if it is not enough to coat all of the chicken)
2 tablespoons of turmeric powder
A dash of salt
A dash of pepper
Egg white from 2 eggs
Oil to fry


1. Clean the chicken wings and break to 2 parts. Drain the water. Put inside a big bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a wok.
3. Beat the egg white and pour onto the chicken wings. Mix well.
4. Add in the tapioca flour, turmeric powder, salt and pepper. Coat well.
5. Fry the chicken wings 4- 5 pieces at a time. Do not fry too many at a time or the chicken will not be crispy. 
6. Fry til finish.




                     Chili Sauce


Ingredients:
7-10 pcs of red chili (use whatever chili you want)
7-10 pcs of garlic
5 tablespoons of vinegar
2 tablespoons of sugar
A dash of salt


1. Blend all together and season to taste.

No comments: