Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Squid curry with pineapple

For today's lunch, I cooked Squid curry with pineapple and stir fry cabbage with squid. Hahahaha.. It's Squidward's (Spongebob's friend) day. today. Just kidding. Every time I cook, my kids will run to our kitchen's door (if they enter the kitchen, they will get scolded at because I always told them that it's dangerous to enter the kitchen when I'm cooking) and ask what am I cooking. So, today, it's my son's (Danish) turn to ask,"Mamak, what are you cooking? It smells nice." I told him I'm cooking squid curry and he asked what is a squid? I showed him and he is still not satisfied with it so I just told him that I'm cooking Squidward curry and he laughed and told his sister. They were so excited to eat that they kept on pushing me to cook it fast. The result? They managed to eat the rice with curry minus the squid til finish and they told me that the squid curry taste like normal curry. Hahahah.. Kids are so funny but I still love them to death. So, here's the recipe.



                                                     Diva Squid Curry with Pineapples


Ingredients:
1/2 kg squid - cleaned and cut into pieces
1/2 big onion
3 red onions
5 cm ginger
3 pieces of red chili (any size)
4 tbsp of fish curry powder
3 tbsp of tomato sauce
1 tsp of methi seeds (halba)
1 tsp of mustard seeds (biji sawi)
1/2 can of cubed pineapple with its juice (I used Ayam Brand)
1-2 cups of water
Salt to taste


1. Blend all of the onions, ginger and chili into paste and saute it with methi seeds and mustard seeds til fragrant.
2. Add in curry powder and water and stir it.
3. Add in tomato sauce and pineapples together with its juice.
4. When it started to boil, add in squid. Do not cook for too long or it will become too watery because squids tend to shrink and produce water more when it's cook for a long time.
5. Season with salt to taste.
6. Serve with hot rice.


Enjoy. Bon Appetite.

No comments: