I made this for our lunch last Sunday, as I was looking for a simple lunch due to busy making and packing Crispy Popia Seaweed which I was going to sell at the Prison Department. This recipe is so simple yet nutritious and suitable to be eaten by kids. Enjoy!
Diva Vermicelli/Angel Hair Carbonara
1 packet vermicelli / angel hair (I use San Remo)
1 can of Nestle Cream (medium size)
2 pieces of beef salami
1 lean chicken breast - cubed
3 cloves of garlic - chopped
Cukup rasa / salt to taste
1/2 cup water
1 can of button mushroom - diced
2 pieces of cheddar cheese
1 tsp sugar
1. Cook vermicelli as per instruction on packet. Strain. Put aside.
2. Heat olive oil. Sautee garlic til brown and fragrant. Add chicken breast and beef salami. Let it cook for a few minutes.
3. Add in cream, cheddar cheese and water. Stir well.
4. Add in mushroom and let it boil.
5. Season it with cukup rasa or salt to taste. To balance the saltiness, add 1 teaspoon of sugar.
6. Serve the vermicelli with sauce while it's hot.