Kuih Mengkuang Diva
For the pastry / kulit:
2 cups flour
2 eggs - beaten
4 cups water or more
1. Mix all the together to form a pancake-like-batter.
2. Cook it just like you're making pancakes. Make sure it's thin.
For the filling / inti:
1 medium size mengkuang - shredded and drain the water out of the mengkuang using a muslin cloth or any kitchen towel
2 carrots - shredded
1/2 cup dried shrimp - blended
4 cloves garlic - blended
Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
1. Cook everything in a pan.
1. Roll the filling inside the pancake pastry just like you're doing normal popia.
2. Enjoy it at any time of the day. The best comforting food for me which reminds me so much of my mom.