Friday, July 22, 2011

Kuih Mengkuang Diva

I love to eat this kuih though I don't know what's the exact name of it and my mom had taught me how to do it. My mom is a Chinese and I found out that I love Chinese's food more than Malay's food. This kuih is really nice but you have to be patient to make it but the taste really make all effort worth it! I made it yesterday for our tea time although I injured my knee after being knocked by my 4th daughter, Delisha. Enjoy!


The kuih

                                       Kuih Mengkuang Diva


For the pastry / kulit:
2 cups flour
2 eggs - beaten
4 cups water or more 

The pancake-like-batter

1. Mix all the together to form a pancake-like-batter.
2. Cook it just like you're making pancakes. Make sure it's thin.




The filling


For the filling / inti:
1 medium size mengkuang - shredded and drain the water out of the mengkuang using a muslin cloth or any kitchen towel
2 carrots - shredded
1/2 cup dried shrimp - blended
4 cloves garlic - blended
Salt, sugar and pepper to taste


1. Cook everything in a pan.


To assemble:
1. Roll the filling inside the pancake pastry just like you're doing normal popia.
2. Enjoy it at any time of the day. The best comforting food for me which reminds me so much of my mom.

No comments: