1 packet of Nona's Ketupat Palas - can be bought at any supermarket and cook as instructed at the packet
500gm peanuts - buy the peanuts that had been de-shell and bake it in the ovenn til brown at 190 degrees celsius then blend it coarsely
1 tbsp of chili powder
3 stalk of serai - cut into small pieces then blend it finely
1 bombay onion (big red onion) - blend finely
Salt, sugar - to taste (I use Maggi Cukup Rasa to substitue the salt and it's easier to get the exact taste that I want)
2 - 3 cups water
1. Saute blended onion and serai til fragrant. Add in chili powder and stir again.
2. Add in peanuts and stir. Never leave the peanuts unattended or it will burn!
3. Add in water. Stir it continuously.
4. When it's boiled, add in salt and sugar to taste.
5. Stir it until it's thicken to your liking and turn the heat off.
6. Serve with ketupat palas or even bread.
|Serve with ketupat palas|