I finished cooking for lunch early today because baby Darwish has slight fever after having Hep B jab, thus making him cranky and doesn't want to be leave by me. In fact, I'm typing with hand right now while breastfeeding him. I cooked Fish Head Curry with Long Beans and Tomato to make it 2 in 1 combo, a meal that consists of protein and vegetable. Who says cooking is hard when you can do this meal under 20 minutes or so.
Diva Fish Head Curry with Long Beans and Tomato
500 gm fish head of your choice (I use ikan pelayak), cut into pieces
4 tbsp white vinegar
Blended shallot, ginger and onion
5 tbsp of fish head curry powder (I use Ragavan)
Sugar, salt and seasoning to taste
1 tsp of methi seeds
1 tsp of mustard seeds
Sliced long beans, depends on how much you want
1/2 tbsp of tamarind paste (Adabi Xtra) or 2 tbsp of tamarind juice
4 tbsp of evaporated milk or 1/2 cup coconut milk
2 cups water
1. Boil water with vinegar. Add in fish heads and continue to boil until it's half cook. Strain and put aside.
2. Heat oil. Sautee the blended shallot, ginger and onion, methi seeds and mustard seeds til fragrant and add in curry powder. Add 1 cup of water first. Stir til the oil separates from the curry.
3. Add in the balance of the water and season to taste. Add in tamarind paste or juice. Stir.
4. Add in long beans and tomato and when it's boiled, add in the fish heads.
5. Lastly, add in the evaporated milk or coconut milk and turn off the heat after the heads are just cooked. DO NOT over cook the heads.
6. Serve while it's hot with steamed rice. Yummy!!!