This was our lunch meal two days ago. I was thinking of baking some potato but I'm out of stock so i used poached egg instead. Tenderloin is the tenderest part of a cow and the price is very expensive, I bought it at RM69.50 per kg! You don't have to use the exact vegetables that I'm using. I only have those veges in stock and that's why I'm using it. As usual, use your creativity to create a palatable meal of your own!
DivaTenderloin Steak with baby corn and tomato salad and poached eggs.
500 gm tenderloin fillet
Few baby corns, sliced long
2 tomatoes, diced
Eggs, poached 2 at time for each plate
Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
1 cup water
1. Rub the fillet with some salt and pepper. Leave it for half an hour.
2. Fry the fillet on a pan, 5 minutes each at both side then bake it in a preheated oven, 200 degrees celsius for 20 minutes. Careful not to burn the fillet. Retain the pan that you have used to fry the fillet. Don't wash it straight away!
3. Fry the baby corn with little oil then add in tomato and few spoons of mayonnaise. Put it aside.
4. Boil water in a frying pan, at least half of the height of the pan. When it's boiled, add in 2 eggs slowly, careful not to break the yolks. Slow the heat and let the eggs cook in the water. Use a strainer to take out the eggs.
5. For the sauce, add in water inside the pan that you've used to fry the fillets. Boil it and add in 4 tbsps of oyster sauce, pepper, salt and sugar to taste. If you want it to be thicker, whisk in some flour.
6. Assemble everything on a plate with your own creativity. Serve it hot with a glass of cold juice. Yummy!