It's kind of hard to find complete Islamic material that can be teach to my children. So, starting from today, I'm going to post one at time, things that I found in the internet, that can be share among us which can be pass to our children. Knowledge is power.
Islamic months begin at sunset of the first day, the day when the lunar crescent is visually sighted. The lunar year is approximately 354 days long, so the months rotate backward through the seasons and are not fixed to the Gregorian calendar. The Gregorian calendar, also known as the western calendar or the Christian calendar is the internationally accepted civil calendar.
Months In Islamic Qamariah Calendar
"The number of months in the sight of Allah is twelve (in a year) - so ordained by Him the day He created the heavens and the earth ..." (9:36).
1. Muharram - means Forbidden, one of the 4 months which it is forbidden to wage war or fight
2. Safar - means Empty or Yellow
3. Rabi'ul Awal - means First Spring
4. Rabi'ul Akhir - means Second Spring
5. Jamadil Awal - means First Freeze
6. Jamadil Akhir - menas Second Freeze
7. Rejab - menas To Respect, another holy month when fighting is prohibited
8. Sya'ban - means To Spread or Distribute
9. Ramadhan - means Parched Thirst, month of daytime fasting
10. Syawal - means To be Light and Vigorous
11. Zulkaedah - means Rest, another month when no war or fighting is allowed
12. Zulhijjah - means Hajj, month of the annual pilgrimage to Mecca, no war or fighting is allowed